Five course meal, romance on menu

Valentine’s dinner popular among campus lovers, now sold out

By Benjamin Bassham, Staff Writer

The Three Seasons Restaurant will be hosting the Cupid’s Season Dinner Event for roughly 75 guests, from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.

Culinary arts department Chairperson Nader Sharkes said the event is new for the Three Seasons and reservations have already sold out. Sharkes added that hosting other events of the kind aren’t beyond the bounds of possibility.

Attendees will be treated to a five-course meal, sampling the culinary classes’ finest craft, with a live DJ, a photo booth and a complementary glass of champagne at the entrance.

All profits generated from the event go to the Culinary Arts Scholarship.

Contra Costa College’s Three Seasons Restaurant experiences bustling daily business. Students and guests can grab a quick bite, or if they so desire, settle in to dine in casual elegance. The Three Seasons has long been a reliable feature of CCC life.

Culinary arts professor Elizabeth Schwarz said, “We usually don’t do dinner events — we haven’t done a Valentine’s Day event before. It should have a very different, candlelit atmosphere — a good experience for the student cooks.”

Student Lauren Patrick said, “It’s really exiting. (The teachers’) support made it very easy to organize.”

The dinner will start with lobster bisque, then move to house-smoked salmon with crème fraîche and young greens. Next, the guests will enjoy a grilled steak with seasonal vegetables, an assorted fine cheese platter and finally a choice of lemon meringue pie or chocolate roll cake for dessert.

“It doesn’t make sense that we designate one single day — Valentine’s Day should be every day. Maybe there could be a little more love in everyone’s life,” Sharkes said.

With a little enthusiasm from the student staff, and especially the professional eaters, we could be seeing more dinners to share with that someone special, he said.